Good morning all
Blake and I spent some time at the Pub19 trade show this week and several things caught our eye-
- The gin boom continues with no sign of abating
- Thanks to the above phenomenon, there’s a glut of new premium tonics and mixers flooding onto the market
- Nobody REALLY knows what the next big “gin” (geddit?!) is… Tequila? Mezcal? Rum?
- Everybody is looking at green, at sustainability, at reducing plastic use
- There are a lot more brands of pork scratchings than one could ever need
When it comes to sustainable, green, ethical products, Stroodles takes the prize here for simplicity- Maxim Gelman (firstname.lastname@example.org) has created straws using pasta. Yes, pasta. The idea is almost painful in it’s simplicity, and Maxim reassured me that the straws don’t usually get eaten until the 4th G&T…
As you read this, I will be boarding my flight to Vietnam to complete my charity challenge of cycling 650 KM in 5 days for MAG.
I thought I was ready and raring to go until coming down with a chest infection and cold this week, so I can only hope to get through it with sheer bloody minded determination… wish me luck!
Hopefully I’ll be back online next week to share some of the hospitality visits I MIGHT have managed to make in Hanoi and HCM!
Have a great weekend
Follow me on Twitter @katykammedia